Saturday 11 August 2012

Isle of Man in August

The Tower of Refuge in Douglas harbour.

Empty beaches in August (Douglas)
The Isle of Man has captured my heart  with its variety of scenery, weather and people. What a great place to visit in August - the beaches were empty, parking mostly free and no queues! And yet The Curate and I would never have visited except for being introduced to the Isle as part of exploring church vacancies. We returned this time under our own steam to explore a little more fully. It is definitely an interesting place to visit - either for the famous TT racing or in the quieter weeks. 

Snaefell 2013 feet above sea level (Top)

We have taken the mountain railway to the top of Snaefell, visited places from east to west and north to south. I hope that we will be able to return again because we still have more to see!
Maughold (East)
Point of Ayre (North)
Peel (West) and warm enough to swim.





Castletown (South) with nasturtiums on the beach.
And seals on the beach at the Calf of Man (south)

3 comments:

  1. oooh I just came on to look at the lovely photos of the isle of Man and saw I was on your blog list! That was a surprise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see you here! I hope it was a good surprise!

      Delete
  2. Very! Thank you for reading my blog as well it is nice to know that people read my ramblings!

    ReplyDelete